If you follow us on twitter (@astrails if you
wondering) you already know that we are at the Startup Weekend
Israel right now.
Which is going amazing by the way, thanks for asking, lots and lots of nice
people, very creative and energetic atmosphere, food and beer.
Turns out our idea attracted a great team of developers, designers and business
The idea is very simple: aggregate job postings from various sources (starting
with twitter) with automated translation to several languages (for now Hebrew,
English and Russian) and automated tagging and display all on a web page with
free text search and categories browsing.
It should make searching for a job a little bit less of a hassle as now you
have to scavenge less sources to find your perfect job.
Why is it good for Startup Weekend:
- Easy to explain
- Is actually useful, solving real people pains.
- Most importantly it really can be implemented within the constrains of the
Startup Weekend (it seems like we'll have only about 10-15 working hours on it)
The name of the service is JobTheJob.
So the team members are:
- Me (Vitaly :) and Boris, obviously. Doing backend.
- Michael can't participate as he's on the judges panel :)
- Pavel Kostychev is doing the UI & identity.
- Alan Rubin (backend)
- Elyon DeKoven (front end, research, and all around)
- Pini Sternshos (biz dev, marketing, etc)
- Boris Reitman (front end)
We created a blog for the new company, it's called
BlogTheBlog of course. You can grab our
progress and impression there and i also will be posting links here when there
is a new content there, so you can check out JobTheJob category on
Also we will be tweeting about it, and our
personal twitter accounts (look to your right) so you welcome to follow the
startup creation process in real time and if you have something to say about it
we will be glad to hear.